Take an Assessment
Before making career decisions, it can be helpful to consider your interests, skills, personality, and values. The Student Success Centre offers a variety of assessment tools to help you explore and understand how these factors can influence your career-decision making, and can often serve as a starting point in the career exploration process. Working with a career counsellor, you may choose to complete one or more of the following assessments:
- Interests (Career Interest Profiler, Strong Interest Inventory®, Career Decision-Making System®, Career Matchmaker)
- Skills (SkillScan™, My Skills)
- Personality Type (Majors PTI™, Majors PTE™, Neo™ PI-3)
- Values (Career Values Scale®, Values Card Sort)
- Career Pathways: Quick Trip
- Career Decision-making Difficulties Questionnaire
How do I determine if a career assessment is right for me?
Before taking any career assessments, you must schedule an initial 15 minute intake appointment with a career counsellor. Together you will determine the most appropriate assessments to complete. Contact our office at 519-661-3559 or stop by UCC 210 to schedule your intake appointment.