Student Success Centre


In terms of the CEL experience, I thought it was an amazing way to get exposure and build confidence in the practicality of our skills since usually the only application we get to see is on exams. Julie and Michelle from VON were outstanding sponsors and extremely supportive throughout the entire process which made the CEL experience one of the best and most rewarding aspects of the semester.
- Project Management Student

"Having the opportunity to participate in CEL was an amazing opportunity to interact and engage with our community to get a sense of what goes on outside of the 'Western Bubble'. Opportunities like this do not come along every day and having such a wonderful experience was priceless."
- Sociology of Deviance Student

Looking for a CEL Course

Go to our CEL Course offerings to see what CEL Courses are offered in your Faculty

Will You Need a Police Check?

Many of our CEL placements and projects will require students to obtain a Police Records check. This can be completed through the London Police Services or through your home town police services, provided that you have remained an official resident of that municipality.

For more information about Police Checks in London and how to obtain them, please access our resource: Information Regarding Police Checks


Below are guidebooks that will provide you with everything you need to know about Community Engaged Learning and Community Service Courses at Western University

The following resources may also be helpful to you as you engage with your community partner: