Leadership and Mentorship Program (LAMP)
The Leadership and Mentorship Program (LAMP) provides an inclusive and welcoming community for first-year students. Students are assigned a Peer Mentor from their Faculty or Program and are kept up to date on events, programming and academic deadlines throughout the year. Our goal is for every student to have a smooth and successful transition to university life. LAMP mentors have been in your shoes and are happy to assist you!
LAMP also offers unique leadership opportunities for first year students.
Please contact LAMP Student Coordinators at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @WesternLAMP
Learn more about the program, meet other students in your LAMP group, meet your mentor and hear what LAMP has planned for you this year!
First Year Leadership Committee Application
If you are interested in applying to be part of the LAMP First Year Leadership Committee or Volunteer Committe we will post applications in mid August, 2013.
The Leadership Committee helps promote LAMP events, run leadership initiatives and promotes volunteering both on and off campus.
The committee also runs the Borrowed Shoes Diversity Challenge! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! Our volunteer committee will run service learning and volunteer events 2 - 3 times per year for students in the LAMP program.
About the Program
LAMP is a university-run group lead by upper year students, designed to help you make connections with other first-year students, have a student mentor, learn about the services at Western, and build lasting friendships.
LAMP mentors are high caliber student leaders representing all faculties who are carefully selected and extensively trained. For all LAMP Leaders, the first-year experience is still a fresh memory, and they are sensitive to the challenges faced by first-year students.
LAMP Leaders are committed to:
- Ensuring that all first year students are welcomed to Western in a positive and healthy manner.
- Meeting the needs of first-year by maintaining regular contact with fist-year students via phone and email.
- Providing information about resources both on and off-campus.
- Providing a support network for first-year students through academic, social and personal development.
How will involvement in LAMP improve your transition to university? You Will...
- Be welcomed to the Western community with applicable programming (Study Sessions, Intent to Register Sessions, Faculty Meet and Greet)
- Have opportunities to meet other students and to make new friends
- Be paired with an upper –year student leader who will address your questions and concerns
- Be contacted throughout the year with important announcements and updates
- Be connected with resources and information available both on and off campus
- Have enhanced connection to your faculty of study