Orientation 2018 goes beyond O-Week! First-year students at Western will have the opportunity to experience a diverse array of events & programs during both Orientation Week (O-Week), and throughout the rest of September (O-Month). If you are a Western Staff Member or Faculty Member and would like a time slot for an O-Month event, please submit your proposal. Any additional questions may be emailed to email@example.com.
O-Month Event Submissions
Orientation would like to partner with you to bring more students to your event, raise more awareness for your event, and/or provide volunteers to help run your event. Please submit a request for your even to be included in the Orientation Month calendar and your department/service’s involvement in the Orientation program.
Note: These links will be updates in early summer 2018. Please check back for updated information regarding the coming year.
Note: This page is exclusively for the submission of O-Month events—if you would like to complete a submission for an event, please click HERE (updated link: https://aoc2.typeform.com/to/D1YsrI ) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any event related questions.
Dates and Deadlines: July 15th 2017 for Event Submissions
Replace Submit Event Proposal Tab with https://aoc2.typeform.com/to/D1YsrI
What are O-Month events?
- O-Month Events will take place after O-Week; over the entirety of September!
- O-Month Events must establish learning outcomes that are relevant to the successful transition of new/incoming students.
- Please click on the "Required Outcomes" button (along the left side of this page) for more details.
Who can submit an O-Month Event?
- Faculty members, students, community members, clubs, and undergraduate councils.
- Internal Western Staff Members: University services and academic support units.
- Academic Lectures
- Panel Discussions
- Art Exhibits And Activities
- Cultural Programs
- Academic Support Workshops
- Skills Development Workshops
- Health And Wellness Sessions
- Safety Awareness
- Information Sessions
If you have any questions about the Orientation Month Event Submission process, please contact the Academic Orientation Coordinator (AOC) at email@example.com