Western's Initiative for Scholarly Excellence (WISE): Tuition Free University Course
The WISE Program Application for Fall/Winter 2016-17 has officially closed. The application period for the WISE Program 2017-2018 is May 1 to June 30, 2017.
If you have any questions or wish to apply for the WISE program please contact the the Scholars' Programs Student Coordinator,Alex Wolf email@example.com
Attention Grade 11 and 12 students:
High achieving students may be eligible to take one course tuition free at Western University concurrently with your secondary school studies.
What type of courses can I take?
- Click here to see Undergraduate Program descriptions.
- The range of subject areas is wide, including: Astronomy, English, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Math, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Biology, Philosophy and more!
- Click here to see course descriptions for the available courses.
- Eligible students may take a maximum of 1.0 full or two half courses (0.5 credit) tuition free.
- Prerequisites (if applicable) for the university course must be satisfied prior to beginning the course.
- A course may be taken at Western's main campus, at one of the Affiliated Colleges (Brescia University, Huron University and King's University College) or by distance studies.
- Credit for the course studied in this program may be applied towards a degree at Western if passing grade was obtained in the university course and you satisfy Western's admission requirements.
- This is a competitive program with a limited enrolment of 100 students. Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
- We encourage applicants to apply well before the deadline due to the demand for the program.
- Students in their fifth year of high-school studies will be considered for the WISE program. However, spaces are limited, and preference will be given to students registered in grade 11 and 12.
The Student Success Centre
University Community Centre, Room 210
London, ON N6A 5B8