Western's Initiative for Scholarly Excellence (WISE): Tuition Free University Course
The WISE application for Fall/Winter 2017-18 is available! Please submit your online application by Friday, June 30, 2017. There are some space still available for WISE 2017, if you are interested in applying please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or wish to apply for the WISE program please contact the WISE Student Coordinator,Naciza Masikini firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Grade 11 and 12 students:
High achieving students may be eligible to take one course tuition free at Western University concurrently with your secondary school studies.
What type of courses can I take?
- Click here to see Undergraduate Program descriptions.
- The range of subject areas is wide, including: Astronomy, English, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Math, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Biology, Philosophy and more!
- Click here to see course descriptions for the available courses.
- Eligible students may take a maximum of 1.0 full or two half courses (0.5 credit) tuition free at the 1000 level.
- Prerequisites (if applicable) for the university course must be satisfied prior to beginning the course.
- A course may be taken at Western's main campus, at one of the Affiliated Colleges (Brescia University, Huron University and King's University College) or by distance studies.
- Credit for the course studied in this program may be applied towards a degree at Western if passing grade was obtained in the university course and you satisfy Western's admission requirements.
- This is a competitive program with a limited enrolment of 100 students. Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
- We encourage applicants to apply well before the deadline due to the demand for the program.
- Students in their fifth year of high-school studies will be considered for the WISE program. However, spaces are limited, and preference will be given to students registered in grade 11 and 12.
- Please review our application requirements before applying
The Student Success Centre
University Community Centre, Room 210
London, ON N6A 5B8