- » Careers
The Student Success Centre can help you with all areas of your career management. We offer job postings, classes and workshops, Western's Employment Resource Centre, career and education fairs, employer information sessions, experiential learning opportunities, a resource library, and individual counselling and career assessments. Drop by UCC 210 to visit us, check out CareerCentral at https://westerncareercentral.ca/, or send us an email at email@example.com!
Use the menu to your right, or at the bottom of the page, to get more information to help you through your Career choices. Alternatively, see our Degree to Career website by clicking the image below.
Not a Current Student?
If you are not a current student, but still have questions about career services at Western, we're here to help. We have resources for Western Alumni, parents, and recruiters. Please see below:
Career Central is an online job and event management system developed in-house for Western students. Login to access thousands of job opportunities, volunteer and internships positions, register for workshops and special events, sign-up for employer information session, and so much more! Access Career Central at westerncareercentral.ca
Talk to a Career Counsellor
The Student Success Centre has several Career Counsellors who can help you explore your career options. Ensuring complete confidentiality, Western’s Career Counsellors have graduate degrees in counselling, are certified counsellors and have experience in career and employment counselling. They are skilled in helping students identify their career options, make career decisions, and implement effective job search strategies. They may suggest career assessments if you are uncertain about what you want to do, or may use other approaches to help you begin planning for a fulfilling career. For more information, see How we can help.
- Career Counselling
- At The Student Success Centre, we offer students a variety of career counselling services. Visit this page to learn more about how we can help you prepare for and find a career that's right for you. Read More
- Make a Career Decision
- An important part of finding a career is adeqaute preparation. Whether you need resources for researching careers, developing your career skills, or actually getting a job, we can help you in preparing for your career. Read More
- Enhance Your Skills
- Enhancing your career skills through experiences outside the classroom can make you a valuable asset in the job market. Learn about the various ways you can enhance your skills: internships, volunteering, graduate school, and other opportunities. Read More
- Get a Job
Job searching takes time, work, and a positive attitude. Both “who you know” and “what you know” are important.Read More
- Workshops and events
The Student Success Centre offers a variety of workshops and events every year - from workshops that target a particular topic, like creating a resume or practicing your interview skills, to career fairs and other special events that that let you meet employers and start planning for your future.Read More
- The Student Success Centre has a number of resources available for students and alumni. Have a resource question or suggestion? We can help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org! Read More
- Career Conference 2015
- Planning for life after WesternU starts now! Whether you are in first year, fourth year or beyond, thinking about your next steps and taking control of your own destiny can never start too early. The Life after WesternU Career Conference has been designed to address a variety of career-related topics that are applicable to all stages of your career planning. Click here for more details. Read More